PACKAGING IN A CHANGING WORLD: THE ESSENTIAL
PLATFORM FOR LEADERS AND INNOVATORS
The Sustainable Packaging Summit has created a different kind of event, with a mission to bring together leaders and thinkers from within and outside industry to focus on the dilemmas and barriers on our pathway to sustainable transformation. Building on the momentum of the community that has formed around the Summit, the 2023 edition returns with a wider scope, multiple streams, more attendees – and bigger ambitions.
Taking place in Amsterdam on 14-15 November 2023, the Sustainable Packaging Summit will sharpen the focus on the demands and pain points revealed during last year’s ground-breaking series of discussions in Lisbon. Addressing key objectives we must come together to meet, the summit again provides the platform for value chain leaders to frankly discuss strategic roadblocks and identify opportunities to align business, regulation and society around a circular, net zero packaging ecosystem.
KEY TOPICS ON THIS YEAR'S AGENDA
This year’s program builds and expands on last year’s game-changing concept. In addition to the original focus on high-level panels in which key stakeholders discuss our strategic challenges, the multi-stage Amsterdam agenda includes a new Innovation Horizon stream, which will explore key technological opportunities, R&D strategies and feature pitches from the most exciting start-ups disrupting the sustainable packaging space. The Summit will introduce greater variety in formats, with core panels discussions interspersed with keynotes that set the agenda and workshops breaking down critical questions for interactive discussion.
Key topics on this year’s agenda:
- Critical review of sustainability goals and progress
- Net Zero strategies
- Regulation and its implications for our strategies: PPWR and the UN Treaty on Plastic (with live updates from Nairobi)
- Intercontinental dialogue on circular economy, learning from each other and harmonization
- EPR & unlocking investment
- Innovation Horizon: keys to a successful R&D strategy
- Start-up pitches
- Sustainable substrates: renewables, future plastics and infinite materials
- Digital transformation: driving sustainability by bringing together the connected factory and the digital consumer
- Scaling up reuse and refill models
- Chemical recycling & mass balance
- Hear directly from the key value chain platforms and associations
Beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam, Netherlands